Ch-ch-ch-changes

11:38 AM

I am terrible at taking before pictures! At least this one is before I started painting it.

 

 

This is really just a sneak peek at what I hope to be posting next week. My plan is to paint this sucker of a desk grey (just like I painted its brother dresser for my sister) and then put a changing top on it so it can function as a changing table for sweet baby Ellie! Speaking of, lets take a peak at her one month picture. I swiped this from my sister's Facebook page because I just love this picture of her. I love the face she's making.

 

 

Anyway, this desk to changing table is taking much longer than it should thanks to the winter like weather we've been getting every couple of days for the last few weeks. Ok, I might be exaggerating but it seems like whenever I have some time to paint its freezing outside or a blizzard. Thankfully the forecast looks like those will be just a memorie soon enough. I was able to start cutting the pieces for the topper, thanks to the table saw being in the basement. Please ignore that nasty ass carpet. It's in our rarely used basement and it came that way. Just imagine carpet that is twice as bad and that's what we were left with in the living room. As Jimmy Fallon would say, ew.

 

 

Right now the last coat of paint is drying on the desk, and hopefully I can put the changing topper together before I head off to Seattle for a little spring break fun. There's also a high possibility that I'll get this adorable embroidered animal scene that I shared on Instagram framed. I've already washed it four times (ew!) and re-mounted it. I even bought a frame, but I need to cut the matte so the opening is just a little bigger.

 

 

Spring is right around the corner and I just can't wait! How about you? Any projects that are being prolonged because of crappy weather?

 

Nikki Kelly

 

P.S. I signed up on Vine. It's just clips of my cats right now, I guess I'm not clever enough to come up with anything else right now. I'm @nikiley.

 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. OMG. Your niece is so adorable!!!! What a great project!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love comments, they're the best!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner