Kinda Like a McGriddle Sandwich, But Different

12:28 PM

One of my favorite fictional people is Ron Swanson (who else could have a pyramid of greatness), and one of my favorite things that we have in common is that we both LOVE breakfast food.

 picture found here

I love breakfast food so much that it's about the only food I get excited to actually cook. Yes, I do a fair amount of recipe pinning over on Pinterest, but let's be honest, I'm never going to make 99% of that stuff. But I just keep pinning yummy dinners and cupcakes in hopes that someone wants to start making these things for me. However I recently saw some Waffleized Cinnamon Rolls on @younghouselove's instagram feed and became obsessed. I've made them two weeks in a row now, but after the first time Matt had a brilliant suggestion. Make them into breakfast sandwiches. So that's what I did.



Go to the store and get this stuff.



Eggs, cheese, sausage (patties if you can find them) and canned cinnamon rolls. On second thought, don't get the grands kind. They get a little too fluffy, just stick with the normal ones.



Since I didn't get sausage patties I just made some just like you would make a hamburger, only tinier. Just a fair warning, it's kinda slimy and gross so just look for the frozen patties.



While the sausage is cooking, toss your cinnamon rolls into your waffle iron. I spaced mine out because I still wanted them to be round, just like my tiny sausage hamburger.



Once the rolls started cooking they started getting fluffy, so I squished them down with the top half of the waffle iron.



As far as the eggs go, an egg ring would be a nice kitchen gadget to have, but since I didn't have one I just made really thin scrambled eggs. Once they are ready to stir just start folding the edges over so it becomes a square like shape. Thats how they cook them at Chick-Fil-A.





And voila! Breakfast you can eat with your hands. Or if you're as enthusiastic about breakfast food as I am, breakfast, lunch, and dinner you can eat with your hands!



I'm not sure about the cherries, but I think Ron would approve.

Whats your favorite breakfast item? Have you ever made waffleized cinnamon rolls? Do you want to cook things from my food board for me? Please?




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These look amazingly awesome! I had already seen waffleized cinnamon rolls this week and they sound great. We don't have canned cinnamon rolls here, but the next time I make homemade ones, I'll be sure to save one for the waffle iron. Or maybe save two, and make this scrumptious sandwich :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man this looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love comments, they're the best!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner