Parade of Homes

8:09 PM

The Parade of Homes in Denver is one of my favorite things to do in the summer.  However, it's winter.  And the Parade is usually VERY crowded.  Photo ops are few and far between.  But today none of that matters, because I went and checked out a group of model homes in a blizzard.  A client of mine, who is an interior designer, suggested the SPACES community in Highlands Ranch because of the paint.  She was right.  The paint was just so creative, and I don't think there is a cheaper way to make a room look more interesting than with paint.  So I'll shut up and show you what inspired me.



First home:
4 Bed/3 Bath/2,339 SF
The living room and dining room.  I just love the simple design on the wall, it looks more like wallpaper but it is just paint.

Kitchen, view from the dining table.

I really like the way they've arranged the seating in the living room.  And the factory cart coffee table is beautiful.

I just love the area rug.  All the squares are separate pieces, probably from Flor.

Kids room, what caught my attention was the ceiling.  It almost feels tent like.

Vanity in master bath, pretty standard.  I do love the floating shelves between the mirrors though.

Master bedroom.  I have larger stripes in our dining room, but these smaller stripes look pretty nice too.


Second home:
3 Bed/3 Bath/1,551 SF
Living room in the background. 

Dining room with nice built in storage.

View from the stairs toward front door.  

Office just next to front door.  The gingham paint technique is so cute.


Sitting area upstairs.

Master bedroom.

Large master bathroom and closet.  What I really liked were these sliding frosted glass doors that were all through the homes.

Third home:
3 Bed/3 Bath/ 2,068 SF
Small greeting area by front door.  I like the paint detail framing the fireplace.

Office just next to the front door.  This room is just so creative.  The calendar is made of dry-erase circles.

Dividing screen and bulletin board in one.  

I love the rustic feel of the rope and clothes pins 

The kitchen is in the middle of the first floor.

Smaller living room.

Master bedroom.

Guest room.

Fourth home:
3 Bed/3Bath/1,969 SF
Living room and dining view from kitchen island.

Kitchen and patio to the right.

Built in bench for a greeting area by entrance.

Open area upstairs, used as an office.

Guest or kids bedroom.

Master bedroom, I love how the stripe of the curtains coordinates with the painted stripes on the walls. 

There is nothing like looking through completely designed homes to inspire me to get my but in gear.  What about you, do you love looking through model homes?  What kind of great ideas have you taken away from a tour?   

*I am not affiliated with Shea homes, nor was I paid to visit these model homes.  I just love checking out model homes.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi! I love comments, they're the best!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner